To move a Google Domain to Squarespace, you can follow these general steps:
- Make sure your domain has been registered for at least 60 days with Google Domains (source: Squarespace).
- Log into your Google Domains account and select the domain you want to transfer (source: Website Builder Insider).
- Click on the “Settings” tab and scroll down to the “Transfer domain” section (source: Website Builder Insider).
- Enter the authorization code that you’ll find in your Squarespace account (source: Website Builder Insider).
- Complete the checkout process and wait for the transfer to be complete (source: Website Builder Insider).
Note that the transfer process can take anywhere from one to 15 days, depending on the domain provider you’re starting with (source: Squarespace).
Additional Information – How To Move A Google Domain To Squarespace
If you already have a Google domain, you can connect it to Squarespace easily and quickly. Once you’ve signed up with Squarespace, you can connect your domain by selecting Other from the drop-down menu in the Site Builder. If you already have a Google account, you can click on it and select it. Then, you need to paste your authorization code in the field below. Once you’ve copied it, you should save the changes and proceed to set up your site.
To start the process, you’ll need to log in to your Squarespace site. After that, navigate to the Settings tab and click on Domains. On the next page, enter the full domain name you want to use. You’ll also need to enter the authorization code. Finally, you’ll need to confirm that you want to connect the domain to Squarespace. After you’ve completed the process, you’ll receive an email notification from Squarespace.
If you’ve already set up your Squarespace site with a different domain service, you’ll need to disconnect it from all other sites to be able to connect it to your new one. To do this, open a ticket with Squarespace and enter your domain’s information. Once your domain is linked, you’ll see its label under the “Domains” column.