To add social media icons to your Squarespace website, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your Squarespace website and go to the Home menu.
- Click on “Settings” and then select “Social Links.”
- Add your social media profile URLs or email addresses into the empty fields.
- Choose the style and alignment of your social icons by adjusting the settings in the “Social Links Blocks” and “HEADER: LAYOUT” sections of your site’s design settings.
For more detailed instructions and options for adding social media icons in Squarespace, you can refer to the following helpful articles from the Squarespace Help Center and Selah Creative Co.:
- Adding social icons: Squarespace Help Center
- Built-in social icons: Squarespace Help Center
- Social Links Blocks: Squarespace Help Center
- How to add social media icons to Squarespace: Selah Creative Co.
- How to add social icons to your main navigation in Squarespace: Big Cat Creative
Additional Information – Squarespace: How To Add Social Media Icons
In order to add social media icons to your Squarespace site, you need to modify the header and navigation sections of your website. These two areas have different color themes, but they both need to be in the same color theme. Here are some ways to do it. First, select the “Brine” template family and choose the “Social Links” block. Within this section, you’ll see a section with a small box containing buttons for Facebook and Twitter.
Next, choose the “Accounts” tab and go to “Social” and then “Share” on the left side. This will bring up a window with a list of your social media accounts. Click the “Add” button and you’re all set! In the Accounts tab, choose the “Social” tab. Type in your account information. You’ll see the options for the icon.
In the Social Links panel, click “Edit” next to “Social” in the “Feeds” menu. Then, click the Social Icons box. If you’re using the Squarespace Avenue template, you’ll need to add the Code Injection block. Then, select “Custom CSS” from the “General” tab. You can then click “Add” and select the social media icons to display.