To set up ecommerce with Squarespace, you can follow these steps:
- Create a Squarespace account and choose a template that includes ecommerce features.
- Add products to your online store by going to Pages and then Shop.
- Customize your storefront with rich product merchandising, images, videos, and banners.
- Set up a custom email address with your domain.
- Integrate your store with payment processors like Stripe, PayPal, or Apple Pay.
- Add shipping and tax rules for your products.
- Launch your online store and start selling products, services, or content.
For more detailed information, you can refer to the following Squarespace resources:
- Getting started with Squarespace Commerce
- Ecommerce Website Builder – Start an Online Store – Squarespace
- How to Set up a Squarespace eCommerce Website in 8 Steps
Additional Information – How To Setup Ecommerce With Squarespace
To set up your ecommerce, you will need to upgrade your Squarespace plan. You can choose from three different options – Basic, Advanced, and Commerce Advanced. Choosing the correct plan will depend on the size and nature of your website. The basics are the same as any other Squarespace plan, but you can also add additional features as needed. This tutorial will focus on the latter. Once you have decided on your plan, the next step is to choose a payment processor.
You can create products by adding “Product” pages to your website. Squarespace offers up to 1000 products in its platform. You can also import products from Big Cartel, Etsy, or Shopify. You can also import csv files. To sell physical products, you need to include a shipping method. A shipping option is an important feature. Make sure you have included the weight and dimensions of your product in its detail page.
In order to set up ecommerce on Squarespace, you will need to create your products. First, create a page, then select the “Shop” category, then click the “Plus” button to add a new product. In the product creation window, choose the type of product you’d like to sell. There are two types of products available: physical and digital. In addition, you can also sell services and gift cards if you have the Commerce Advanced plan.